The Art of Working Together – Alan Mulally #GLS2016 Session 2
It is important to place people first and work together to see and share problems in order to solve them by working together. To do this, use data and information to see current reality. Healthy teams need to be able to hold 2 things in tension at the same time:
- Deal with reality
- Have a plan to deal with it
Consider using the colors red, yellow, and green when sharing goals and monitoring all aspects of a project.
The Lenses of Leadership – Bill Hybels #GLS2016 Session 1
There are four lens’ of leadership that require the attention and are the responsibility of the leader:
- Passion (red framed glasses): Keep passion alive in your spirit because it is infectious. Read materials that ignite passion, be around people with passion, and go to places that inspire passion.
- Culture (shattered lens glasses): Care about people because God cares about people. Feedback is very important so don’t shy away from doing it and building it into the culture.
- Goals (adjustable lens glasses): Watch out for too many or too few goals in an organization. Pay attention and keep adjusting.
- Legacy (glasses with rear-view lens attached): Look at your past to see where most of your energy has been spent. Align your energy with how you want to be remembered. Start now!