Global Leadership Summit 2015
Leading with Leftovers
- it is time to challenge the idea that we leave it all on the field of our work
- how do you lead and still have something left?
- let’s live for a beautiful eulogy rather than an accomplished resume
- John 6: looking at how Jesus leads with leftovers - John 6:5 the moments Jesus asks dumb questions – he wants us to see the logic and do the math of the situation to understand the miracle when on the other side – I can’t do it in my own power - the dumb question leads to a dumb idea in a boy with 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread
- the power of a dumb idea - as leaders, leave room for dumb ideas so God can transform the lives of people
- “You never know when God is going to put his hand on a dumb idea and bring transforming power.”
- “Don’t underestimate the power of a dumb idea.”
- do you celebrate dumb ideas?
- Jesus does the miracle with what we bring – like the lunch the boy brings - “What does it mean to pack our lunch?”
- The boy brings his lunch and moves out of the way - bring what we have, give it to Jesus, and get out of the way
- often we bring what we have to Jesus and try to give him instructions
- this is a time to discover the awe and wonder of God
- when was the last time you were blown away with what God did in your church, home, community, or company?
- Where in your business or leadership to you need to get out of the way?
- They were full & they had leftovers - “What would it mean at the end of the day if you had something left?”
- we are not limited if we surrender to our Almighty God
- it is not about our name being great, it is about giving glory to the name of God
- “We don’t have to live outside the promise of God in the scarcity of this world.”
- There is power, hope, joy, and peace in being with God
- you aught to thank him and give him praise
- The work is not about your name, it is about his name. It is not about your power, it is about His power.